Jul 15, 2010

Edamame

I think I discovered my new favorite snack.

It's called EDAMAME... It's a preparation of baby soybeans and it's so healthy and tasteful.
In Japanese it literally means: "twig bean" (eda = "twig" + mame = "bean") and refers to young soybeans cropped with its twig.
In Japan, edamame is a popular snack food.
Just 1/2 cup of them a day really punches up the fiber, protein and vitamin/mineral content of your diet.

You can find them in every supermarkt in NY and I think/hope in Europe also.

Just look after soybeans in the freezers.

Boil or steam them when you get home and put some salt on it and ready you are to enjoy them.

Tip: Just eat them in front of your TV and throw away the Chips and Candy !


6 comments:

  1. I love edamame! It's like popcorn; once I start eating it, I just can't seem to stop. They should sell it at the movies. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you just discovered it, then you have been missing out =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. jep you can get them in europe ...when will oyu be here?

    c

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this food picture. I like your blog. It is peaceful. Your presence is missed in NY.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is very surprising you just found this out!

    ReplyDelete