Mar 22, 2011

Juicy Smoothie

It's spring and sunny and Ceesie is loving it!
I bought myself a new juice book, full of new recipes to get me through the hot summer days that are coming my way.
Here are a few favorites of the juice master himself:

Breakfast smoothie:
1/2 pineapple, peeled
2 handfuls of blueberries (or any other berries)
4tbsp non fat yogurt
handful of soaked almonds
1 tbsp of honey or agave syrup.

Nerve calmer:
1/2 fennel
2 granny smith apples
1/2 inch root fresh ginger
handful of ice

Green Power Smoothie:
1/2 cucumber
2 sticks celery
2 granny smiths
1 inch fresh ginger
2 cups of fresh spinach leaves
1/2 small pineapple, peeled
1/2 lemon juice
flesh of 1 ripe avocado
One handful of ice
Juice everything apart from the avocado and ice. Pour the juice into a blender along with the ice and avocado and give a good whiz. Pour into a glass and enjoy. It's almost like a meal in a glass.
Mmmmmm...

5 comments:

  1. I'm going to try the breakfast smoothie tomorrow morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg i wanna have those glasses in the picture.

    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Cesar,

    I really like juices a lot especially juices with some vegetables in them. I wish I could drink the juice in the picture. There is a lot of energy in juice.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you get those glasses in the picture? They're funny!

    ReplyDelete