Jul 22, 2011

SORRY

People in America are way too friendly sometimes.
I think that an average American says at least 15 times "sorry" in one day.
For example, when you walk down the street and a person ALMOST touches you they already apologise before they even did something... It's a little over the top.
In Belgium we don't say sorry that often, does that mean we are rude?
A guy once told me that apologising is a sign of weakness.
Don't get me wrong I love kind people but too kind is too kind.



11 comments:

  1. hahaha Americans are very insincere! only false!

    ReplyDelete
  2. moreover, they are afraid because they are crushed by their political system! sorry(LOL) it's my sore point)

    ReplyDelete
  3. comfort zone is a big thing. Everybody walks in a bubble with a stop sign posted everywhere.. thats why.. :) it is the culture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey you! i thought u didn t smoke!!?!saw u on the road last week..

    ReplyDelete
  5. me smoking?? NOT!
    probably VERY drunk or it was a different Ceesie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the belgians are not rude, even too courteous... I mean the french part, it's always "s'il vous plait, merci, bonne journée, ..." more than in France...
    cool t-shirt anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. being Canadian, I think we're even worse than Americans. I know personally, I say sorry if I even brush past somebody on the street, I always hold doors open for people, etc. Just a polite thing to do, I guess. It's the way that I was raised! SORRY, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah it's definitely a culture thing. Saying sorry, holding doors, saying sorry again... I'm guilty of this at times. But I apologize only when I truly bump into somebody. Or say excuse me. Or they look at me like this >=/

    ReplyDelete
  9. grapppige is dat je je vorige blog net begon met het woordje 'sorry' :)

    ReplyDelete