Nov 23, 2011

Myspace

Ceesie misses the good old days of MySpace. If I had to choose between MySpace, Twitter or Facebook I'd definitely go for MySpace. I have to admit that I was VERY addicted and that it was much more fun. You could pimp your own page, put your own favorite music on it, choose your own background,... I just think that Facebook gives way too much information at once. I sometimes have the feeling that there’s NO privacy at all. Once you're "Facebook friends" you can see and know everything about that person by looking at there Facebook, scary! I mean... I don't want to pop up at my booker’s or some photographer’s page, so they can see some drunken pictures of Ceesie from over the weekend, no gracias! When we were using MySpace you needed to go to that persons page, while Facebook gives all the information at once. Let's all start with making myspace hip again and give our selfs a little more privacy!


8 comments:

  1. It is a shame that facebook offers no background. What you should do to protect your privacy is to make up entirely fictional things that you are doing which will not cause controversy such as sitting at desk working on cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I miss sometimes the colors (even though sometimes the profiles were a crime against good taste). What I will never miss is the songs on autoplay. They scared me many times! :)

    Your concerns about the lack of privacy on Facebook have an easier solution though. One of the few recent changes that I really like is the opportunity to change with just a click who can see each post (Public, Friends, Custom...). The Custom option is quite good if you have lists of friends. For example, I have separate lists for classmates, close friends, family and others, and I choose which list sees what.

    P.S.: you spend a lot of time in NYC, right? Could I PM you with a few general questions about that city? (I'm moving there soon, yay!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you haven't been blogging for three days! :p Well, it's just technology working. Myspace has to keep up with the times. One may miss the background, music, etc. though because it makes the page more personalized and true to the personality of the person. Well, how's Sydney?!? I remember it listed in your bucket list in one of your previous posts! You can cross that out now!

    ---hommedemanille

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zoals hierboven gezegd kan je je FB idd makkelijk indelen in lijsten en dan kan je kiezen welke lijst welke foto's te zien krijgt, heel handige tool want idd, privacy is ver te zoeken tegenwoordig. Langs de andere kant zijn we nu ook een hele generatie aan het kweken die van mening is dat het niet gebeurd is als het niet op FB staat, die weten zelfs niet eens meer wat privacy is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really miss myspace! I was addicted as well. As for facebook, after researching it's SCARY how much privacy you actually don't have. I deleted (not deactivated) my profile. There is a way with a special link that facebook tries to keep hidden. I miss when myspace was popular. It shared only the information that you let it share and you could customize it a lot. Then everyone started leaving myspace for facebook. I just deleted mine after facebook started changing so much. I'd rather see my friends than be stalked by them on facebook. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Intimately, the post is really the greatest on this worthwhile topic. I match in with your conclusions and can eagerly look forward to your next updates.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blog contains informational and educational material. The post enhance my thoughts and experience. So nice!
    I've got to scramble to keep up with your prodigious output!

    ReplyDelete