Jan 4, 2012

Diane Arbus

Today, in between casting I went to a cool exhibition in Paris. The exhibition was about the famous photographer Diane Arbus.
For the people who never heard of this amazing artist, Diane Arbus was an American photographer and writer noted for black and white square photographs of deviant and marginal people (dwarfs, giants, transvestites, nudists,...) or of people whose normality seems ugly or surreal. In other words: freaks.
I remember learning about her in high school, so I thought it wouldn't be a bad thing to have a closer look into her work and to refresh my memory.
For Ceesie the pictures are really interesting and strange in there own way. In the artist's own words: "A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know." and Ceesie totally agrees with that!



3 comments:

  1. The photographs are quite haunting and beautiful at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a better-quality article as they all are. I make fun of been wonder wide this an eye to some beat now. It’s great to receive this info. You are fair and balanced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know exactly why but I've always been interested in this kind of pictures, thank you for sharing these, they're beautiful somehow!

    Isabel from "I" is for Isabel

    xx

    ReplyDelete