Jun 7, 2012

Kale is KING

Ceesie's newest food obsession is Kale! (For my dutch readers, boerenkool.)
I tried Kale the first time a few months ago in NYC and from that very moment I was hooked.
Not only is it extremely yummie it's also one of the healthiest vegetables around.
For a green, kale is unusually high in fiber. This helps create the bulk you need to fill you up and to keep you full for a good amount of time.
I also have the feeling that kale is a new "it" thing in NYC restaurants. My favorite place to eat a divine kale salad is @Tiny's in Tribeca. They are famous for their kale salads, my friend who works there told me they sold 842 salad in one month!


Here's my personal recipe for a delicious and healthy kale salad. (2 people)
- Fresh kale for 2
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 apple
- 1 small cucumber
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 1 handful walnuts
- 2 grilled chicken breasts
- Balsamic vinegar

Wash the fresh kale, cut into small pieces and put in a big bowl.
Boil some hot water, for the egg.
Cut the avocado, apple, tomato, cucumber and the red onion in small pieces and add to the green salad.
Place egg in boiling water for about 5 minutes.
Grill the chicken with some herbs and cut into small pieces, when ready.
Add the hard boiled egg, walnuts and the grilled chicken to the salad and mix everything. Add a little bit of salt and pepper and ready you are to enjoy a healthy salad.
Serve with some balsamic vinegar on the side.
ENJOY!!!!!


Kale salad @ Tiny's and the bar upstairs

3 comments: