Sep 19, 2012

Home is...

I think the hardest thing of being a model is to live out of a suitcase.
If people ask me where my home I still don't know what to answer... Is it Belgium? New York? or any other city in the world. I've been traveling between NY and Gent for the past 4 years now and it's gotten to that point where it's enough.
To be honest I can't wait to get my own place, my own sofa, my own bed and my own fridge...
I'm 24 years old now and I think it's time for Ceesie to settle down and to start thinking about the future.
I mean, as long as you don't have a real home you can't really start a real life, a stable relationship or be full on happy.


6 comments:

  1. Home is where the heart is I guess

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Home is in your head!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree entirely. I relate to this post. Of course, home is where the heart is. But your heart may belong in a number of cities while travelling. I think it's part of being human; we need to feel safe and secure somewhere. We can't do that while suitcase living!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally get how you feel! I've been traveling between Paris and Ghent myself for 3 years, not as a model but still in the fashion industry, and I don't know where to feel home either.. I dream of settling down as soon as possible, because, even at my age, I also believe you can't build something real without a true home. Happiness is so important in life, people often realize this too late. I wish you good luck on finding yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. er komt een tijd in je leven dat je je eigen plekje wilt, en dat is voor jou nu dus, volg je hart en houd je hoofd erbij dan komt het goed! I wish you the best of luck! xxx a dutchie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ceesie!

    I've lived in different places too the last couple of years. I'm 22, was born and raised in Ghent but I have lived in Honduras and I'm currently living in Spain! My dream is to live in NY, but yet I'm not a supermodel so I'm in a completely different situation than you are and I actually don't have an idea how to get a visa!

    I think you should wait to find that one special person where you want to spend the rest of your life with and then the decision on where to live will be easier to make!

    Keep up the good work!

    xo

    ReplyDelete