Dec 1, 2012

scones alarm


Ceesie is back in London for 2 weeks and one of the things that makes me the most happy, is to be able to eat the best scones in the world. The Albion, in Shorditch, is probably my favorite place to eat them. I know I wrote about scones before, but I never gave you my favorite recipe that you can find back in my cookbook, MODEL KITCHEN.

Please try them and you will fall in love with my favorite guilty pleasure.





8 TO 10 SCONES 

- 9 oz. (250 g) self-rising flour 

- 2 oz. (50 g) butter, cubed 
- 4 oz. (110 ml) milk or buttermilk 
- 1 tablespoon baking powder 
- 1 tablespoon yogurt 
- 3 tablespoons fine granulated sugar 
- 2 handfuls raisins 
- a pinch of salt 

 TO GLAZE THE SCONES 
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten 
with 1 tablespoon milk 

Preheat the oven to 220° C/ 425° F. Combine 
all the ingredients, except the milk and the 
raisins, in a large bowl. Knead briefly but 
intensely, until the butter and flour mixture 
resembles coarse crumbs. Pour in the milk 
and add the raisins. Knead into a ball of dough. 
Sprinkle some flour on the worktop and 
roll out the dough to a thickness of ¾ inch 
(2 cm). Cut into rounds using a drinking glass 
or a metal cookie-cutter. Brush the scones 
with the egg-milk mixture and place them on 
a greased baking sheet. Bake about 10-15 
minutes, depending on the size, until golden 
brown. Serve with clotted cream and jam. 


11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben binnen twee weken ook in Londen! Zit in de buurt op hotel, nu heb ik bij deze ook een goed adresje om te gaan ontbijten! Inclusief de juices ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Als je nog aanraders hebt, let me know!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ziet er heerlijk uit!

    www.denbelle.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cesar!

    I am currently assisting in an upcoming magazine and would love to interview you. Please e-mail me at: info@slenderbreadmag.com
    so I can provide you with more details!

    P.S. Please delete this post after you respond to me.

    Thanks!

    Rose Q.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m in London next week myself, and since The Albion is near my hotel, I might go and check out their scones. I LOVE a good old British afternoon tea

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks delicious! Do you have any of the nutritional information? Also, I know this is random but do you like Mexican food?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete