Mar 1, 2014

Thai me up

I think I haven't eat as much thai in my life as in the past 5 weeks.
Stir fry, pad thai, papaya salads, red curries, fresh spring rolls,… name it Ceesie loves it!
Here is a delicious recipe from my cookbook MODEL KICTHEN that I love to make myself when I'm hungover. (I think Thai is the best hangover food in the world)
It's super easy to make, healthy and oh so thai yummie.
ENJOY!


  • -  1 can coconut milk (14 oz./400 ml)
  • -  2 tablespoons red curry paste
  • -  1 carrot
  • -  1/2 zucchini
  • -  1/2 red pepper
  • -  1/2 yellow pepper
  • -  1 purple onion
  • -  1 clove of garlic
  • -  a piece of fresh ginger
  • -  cilantro
  • -  1 tablespoon fish sauce
  • -  1 Kaffir Lime leaf
  • -  1 tablespoon peanut oil
  • -  pepper and salt 


    Mince the onion and dice the peppers, carrot and zucchini. 
    Very finely chop the clove of garlic and grate the ginger. 
    Heat one tablespoon of peanut oil in a wok and add the curry paste. 
    Sauté the curry paste together with the grated ginger and garlic to release all the flavors. 
    Add the diced vegetables to the wok and stir-fry on high heat. Add the can of coconut milk and a tablespoon of fish sauce. 
    Finally, add the Kaffir Lime leaf to the curry and simmer for another 10 minutes on a low fire. 
    Season with pepper and salt and serve with a handful of cilantro leaves! 
    The vegetarian version is shown here, but you can certainly add some chicken or shrimp if you like. 





    My cookbook MODEL KITCHEN is still available online @ https://www.net-a-porter.com/product/440580
    and ships world wide.


3 comments: